CV Africa & Middle East is looking for a full-time Content Specialist who is passionate about evangelism, adept at creating compelling video content in support of digital strategies, and comfortable navigating elements of the creative process from concept to final delivery.
CV is a global Christian charity with evangelism at its heart. Founded by Lord Robert Edmiston in 1988, CV upholds a strong desire to serve and equip Christians and the local church, in their evangelistic endeavours. To this end, we work to see impact in three key areas:
- Introducing people to Jesus;
- Mobilising Christians to evangelise; and
- Resourcing the Church with free digital content and knowledge.
CV Content Specialists are responsible for developing and overseeing creative projects from concept to execution. The ideal candidate has strong visual storytelling-skills, a highly developed sense of colour, composition and design, and is able to work within budget delivering to strict timelines.
- Shape and lead with creative vision to achieve the desired outcome of content projects, within budget.
- Create scripts, draft treatments, provide art direction and creative input from pre-to-post production.
- Effective multitasking to meet deadlines while ensuring high quality deliverables.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of industry terminology, aesthetics, software applications required for video editing, image manipulation, and sound effects/design.
- Willingness to travel to African countries for the purposes of content creation or training.
- Support the Content and Country Managers in creating content for the region in accordance with CV’s key objectives.
Fulfil other duties, as common to all employees and as directed, within parameters outlined in both the mission and vision statements. This includes:
- Being available for personal and spiritual growth opportunities.
- Pro-actively maintaining a positive attitude.
- Adhering to all regulations, CV policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Undertaking professional development as required.
- Adhering to all occupational health and safety requirements of CV.
- Keeping confidential the affairs of CV and its employees.
- Representing CV in a positive manner.
- Staying abreast of the latest methods and technologies.
Skills/ Experience/ Education
- Extensive knowledge and experience in pre-production, production, and post-production processes.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Adobe Creative Cloud applications such as Premiere Pro (necessary) and After Effects (advantageous).
- Comfortable and confident in sharing and receiving feedback.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Conceptual heavyweight of the team, bringing fresh ideas to the table.
- Proof of creative script-writing skills would be highly regarded.
Job Type: Full-Time
Workplace Type: On-site
Salary & Benefits: Discussed at interview and based on candidate’s experience and expertise.
This is a full-time, office-based role working from our Bellville office in the Cape Town, South Africa. We do not offer remote working and applicants must be authorised to work in the South Africa.
Interested parties can submit their resume and cover letter via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.