ICT Specialist | Africa & Middle East | Cape Town, South Africa
Christian Vision SA is looking for a full-time ICT Specialist, who is passionate about evangelism and has a heart for ministry, to provide expert technical support and innovative solutions across our ICT systems and services.
Christian Vision (CV) is a global Christian charity with evangelism at our heart. Founded in 1988 by Lord Robert Edmiston, CV’s strong desire is to serve and equip Christians, and the local church, in their evangelistic endeavours. To this end, we work to see impact in three key areas:
- Introducing people to Jesus;
- Mobilising Christians to evangelise; and
- Resourcing the Church with free digital content and knowledge.
The ICT Specialist will provide high-quality technical support and assistance to end-users with any technical faults, queries, user accounts, passwords and basic level security administration, whilst maintaining clear communication with users and effective collaboration with other ICT teams to ensure successful implementation of ICT initiatives and ongoing function.
- Provide first-line support of ICT systems and services (on-premises and cloud) that serve and enable the local team.
- Install/configure and maintain systems, services, hardware and related infrastructure in accordance with CV standards, working alongside regional or global ICT teams as required.
- Maintain compliance with global ICT policies and standards.
- Identify support themes as they arise and feedback to the regional or global ICT teams.
- Strive for continual innovation within the local context providing solutions that allow staff to achieve their objectives efficiently and securely.
- Stay abreast of current and emerging technology trends as they relate to ICT.
- Manage supplier relationships.
Fulfil other duties, as common to all employees and as directed, within parameters outlined in both the mission and vision statements. This includes:
- To be available for personal and spiritual growth opportunities.
- To pro-actively maintain a positive attitude.
- To adhere to all regulations, CV policies, procedures and guidelines.
- To attend all required general staff and team meetings.
- To undertake professional development as required.
- To adhere to all occupational health and safety requirements of CV.
- To keep confidential the affairs of CV and its employees.
- To represent CV in a positive manner.
- To maintain appropriate licences, as required.
- To keep abreast of the latest methods and technologies.
Essential Skills / Experience / Education
- Experience in ICT end-user support.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Windows, and Apple MacOS clients in a corporate environment.
- Experience in Active Directory administration.
- Experience in router, switch configuration and network management.
- Experience with backup and restore software and processes.
- Experience with Cloud productivity suites: Microsoft 365, G Suite.
- Experience with Cloud Services, AWS and Azure, will be advantageous.
- An understanding and application of the Christian ethos.
This role is based in Bellville (Cape Town, South Africa). Interested parties can send their CV and cover letter, summarising why they are qualified for the position and want to work in ministry, to the Corporate Services Manager at email@example.com