Christian Vision (CV), Cape Town, SA, is seeking a full-time Community Manager who is passionate about getting people to know Jesus as Lord and Saviour through modern technology. The ideal candidate will be a natural-born leader, excellent communicator, and superb networker.
Community Managers at CV lead the community teams in engaging with both our ministry partners and the audiences we serve, building relationships with those who utilise our evangelism tools, and interacting with the communities impacted by these initiatives.
- Develop and implement all aspects of the community strategy for the Africa region.
- Identify strategic networking opportunities to introduce and promote the vision and mission of CV at events / services / conferences to external ministries, organisations, churches, and community groups.
- Provide regular feedback from audiences to content and marketing teams, including quantitative and qualitative evaluation of engagement and response.
- Strategically identify and develop relationships with online and offline influencers / individuals and seek synergies on behalf of CV.
- Participate in the development of new products and the generation of resources for CV.
- Lead/manage/facilitate CV Africa’s country representatives and community team members.
- Assist in all CV global initiatives, on-boarding new church partners, and providing feedback and updates through frequent communication via email, phone calls and meetings.
- Comply with the parameters and policies outlined in CV’s handbook (including but not limited to the Statement of Faith, Values, Mission Statement, regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines).
- Generate monthly operational reporting on departmental developments, growth, and goals toward the region’s KPIs.
- Regularly participate in communication and exchange of experiences with other community managers at CV.
- Be available for personal and spiritual growth opportunities.
- Pro-actively maintain a positive attitude.
- Undertake professional development as required.
- Represent CV positively, developing ministry relationships where appropriate.
- Maintaining relevant licences and certifications.
- Staying abreast of the latest digital methods and technologies.
Skills/ Experience/ Education
- Team management, leadership and corporate environment experience (3+ years)
- Competency and knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc).
- Ability to lead and equip both an online and offline community.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Confident public speaker.
- Experience working with internationally based organisations (advantageous).
As a member of the CV family, the candidate should exemplify the following:
- A love and passion for building the Kingdom of God, and a clear identification with CV’s vision to reach a billion people with the message of Jesus.
- A keen self-starter who is hardworking and adaptable with an eye for detail and a willingness to learn and develop.
- A team player who can also work autonomously and to strict deadlines.
This role is based in Bellville (Cape Town, South Africa). Interested parties can attach their CV and cover letter by clicking the link below.