Christian Vision (CV), Cape Town, SA, is looking for a full-time Community Specialist who is fluent in both English and French. Passionate about Jesus with a desire for people to know him as Lord and Saviour through modern technology, you are a natural communicator and superb networker.
Community Specialists at CV engage with both our ministry partners and the audiences we serve, building relationships with those who utilise our evangelism tools and interacting with communities impacted by these initiatives.
- Assist in all CV global initiatives, on-boarding new church partners and providing feedback and updates through frequent communication via email, phone calls and meetings.
- In line with CV best practices, assist with replying to ‘seekers’ by responding in a timely fashion through social and internal communication platforms (not limited to FrontApp, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, etc).
- Assist the Country Manager or Community Manager with the monitoring, collection and analysis of audience interaction.
- Provide regular feedback from audiences to content and marketing teams, including quantitative and qualitative evaluation of engagement and response.
- Manage contacts on CRM platforms ensuring data remains up to date and relevant.
- Identify strategic online and offline influencers and individuals, develop relationships, and seek synergies on behalf of CV.
- Attend churches/events/conferences as a CV Representative as requested by the Community Manager.
- Identify strategic networking opportunities to introduce and promote CV products.
- Promote the vision and mission of CV to external ministries, organisations, churches, and community groups as requested by the Community Manager.
- Comply with the parameters and policies outlined in CV’s handbook (including but not limited to CV’s Statement of Faith, Values, Mission Statement, regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines).
- Be available for personal and spiritual growth opportunities.
- Pro-actively maintain a positive attitude.
- Undertake professional development as required.
- Represent CV positively, developing ministry relationships where appropriate.
- Maintain relevant licences and certifications.
- Staying abreast of the latest digital methods and technologies.
Skills/ Experience/ Education
- Competency and knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc).
- Ability to lead and equip both an online and offline community.
- Excellent communication skills and command of the English and French language, both spoken and written.
- Confident public speaker.
- Experience working with internationally based organisations (advantageous).
As a member of the CV family, the candidate should exemplify the following:
- A love and passion for building the Kingdom of God, and a clear identification with CV’s vision to reach a billion people with the message of Jesus.
- A keen self-starter who is hardworking and adaptable with an eye for detail and a willingness to learn and develop.
- An excellent communicator and a team player who can work alone with strict deadlines.
This role is based in Bellville (Cape Town, South Africa). Interested parties can send their CV and covering letter to Michael Bloch at email@example.com