We are looking for an Accountant in this season of rapid growth for CV, to support regional offices, representatives and missionaries in outworking the charity’s various activities and operations globally. We are looking for a passionate individual, with leadership capabilities, who wants to make a difference by adding their experience and skills to the CV team.
How You Can Contribute
This role forms an essential part of the Corporate Services Team which includes the finance function that supports and serves the Regional Teams. Being based in the UK, more specific and detailed support and direct engagement is offered to the Europe team to supplement the local staff.
Working closely with the Corporate Services Manager to add value throughout the whole organisation in all aspects of accounting, budgets, financial stewardship and reporting. Fulfilling an internal auditing role to improve and streamline policies and systems and empower team members with knowledge and best practice. As the Corporate Services function develops to provide additional services to the region, this role will offer support and take on additional duties as and when necessary.
Being a UK registered charity requires specific tasks that relate to the governance, accounts consolidation and reporting to the Trustees and external authorities. CV owns and manages various investments which includes a property portfolio. Specific tasks will be assigned within this role to support both areas of work.
The role includes both detailed and a broad perspective and represents a challenging and rewarding role in the charity’s mission.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with several years relevant PQE experience including modern accounting systems and procedures, ideally along with leadership and management experience and strong interpersonal skills, being equally comfortable to work alone and a participator of a team.
They will be a proven Christian leader with a business or professional background, who has passion, courage, pace and tenacity to make a significant contribution to global Christian mission work.
- Operational Accounting and Reporting.
- Consolidation of global accounts, annually and quarterly.
- Producing regular reports as required.
- Budget process contribution and Actual vs Budget reporting, including handling budget requests.
- Investment accounts, especially property matters, including receiving income and making payments.
- VAT accounting and reporting.
- Liaising with external auditors and Trustees Risk & Audit Committee.
- Support for Europe region accounting and all other domestic payments.
- Leading the team in prayer or devotional times and engaging with other spiritual activities as required.
- Provide cover for other team members and their duties when absent.
Performance will be measured against agreed targets based on the essential functions of the role, key goals and objectives and the values of the organisation.
Essential Skills/ Experience/ Education
- Primarily motivated by a commitment to serving the Great Commission in evangelism and discipleship.
- A practising Christian in full agreement with the Statement of Faith and the values of the organisation, actively involved in a local church and able to exercise spiritual leadership within the UK office team.
- A thorough understanding and empathy with the values and ethos of the Christian Community.
- 5 years+ in a responsible role and able to demonstrate experience of organisational strategy, management of change and leadership of multi-disciplinary functions in a professional and business environment.
- Strong proven track record in budgetary control.
- Fluent in English (a second European or major language may be an advantage).
- Qualified Accountant with a Degree or relevant experience, which demonstrates equivalent capabilities.
- UK Resident who will be based at our UK Office in Solihull, West Midlands.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience in the charitable sector, social action projects and/or cross–cultural mission ventures.
- NetSuite cloud-based ERP experience.
- The ability to work long hours in a high pressured, time-sensitive environment.
- A current passport with willingness and ability to travel overseas if required.
Job Type: Full-Time
Workplace Type: On-site
Salary & Benefits: Discussed at interview and based on candidate’s experience and expertise.
This is a full-time, office-based role working from our Solihull headquarters in the United Kingdom. We do not offer remote working and applicants must be authorised to work in the UK.
Interested parties can submit their CV and cover letter via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.