CV Africa requires the services of a full time Video Editor/Director in its Cape Town office. This role is mid-senior level.
As an employee of CV in South Africa, the incumbent should exemplify the following:
- A love and passion for building the Kingdom of God, and a clear identification with CV’s visionto reach a billion people with the message of Jesus.
- Integrous character, of good standing in local community, and respected by peers.
- Team player with the ability to take direction as well as give direction with a high level attention to detail.
- Must be a self-starter with a willingness to grow.
The candidate will be required to engage in the following activities:
- To direct/edit creative content to achieve Christian Vision mission objectives.
- To direct/edit items of promotional and communication content.
- To assist with the moderation and review of content.
- To maintain up-to-date understanding of industry terminology, aesthetics, and production processes of creative equipment, software applications required for video editing, image manipulation, sound effects/design.
- To work according to budgeted costs and deadlines.
- To undertake key technical responsibilities including equipment maintenance, set up, operation and pack up of camera gear, lighting, sound and staging equipment.
- To exercise good interpersonal and communication skills, particularly in consultation with cast and production personnel.
- When delegated by Content Manager, to substitute for other personnel and duties from time to time.
- To undertake tasks positively and professionally under the pressure of production deadlines.
Experience and competencies
The ideal candidate would need the following experience and competencies:
- Excellent storyteller, sense of pace and timing, with a flair for strong visuals and motion graphics.
- MUST have significant experience in editing long and short form videos.
- MUST have solid knowledge and understanding of Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multitask, troubleshoot and deliver work on deadline in a deadline driven environment.
- Experience in managing multiple projects with fixed deadlines.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to handle feedback/criticism well.
- Knowledge and experience in colour grading would be advantageous.
- Willingness to travel to other African countries would be advantageous.
Remuneration: R15,000 per month Basic salary
Location: Cape Town, Bellville
Education level: Relevant qualifications required
Job policy: Employment equity position
Please attach your CV and cover letter (in one document) in the next step.