CV Africa & Middle East (Christian Vision, South Africa) is looking for a senior Full-Stack Developer with a vision to pursue meaningful work at the intersection of tech and ministry.
Working as part of a small cross-functional team on a product with a global footprint, the ideal candidate is comfortable delivering and managing both front-end and back-end solutions, and engaging with product architecture and features from conception to completion.
CV is a global Christian charity with evangelism at its heart. Founded by Lord Robert Edmiston in 1988, CV upholds a strong desire to serve and equip Christians and the local church, in their evangelistic endeavours. To this end, we work to see impact in three key areas:
- Introducing people to Jesus;
- Mobilising Christians to evangelise; and
- Resourcing the Church with free digital content and knowledge.
The Full-Stack Developer is responsible for developing, implementing, optimising and maintaining front-end and back-end product components, including web pages, web applications, databases, and integrations with enterprise solutions and third-party libraries, while playing an active role in ideation and the development of the product roadmap.
- Design software solutions with stakeholders.
- Design client-side and server-side architecture.
- Create and maintain servers and databases.
- Build and integrate RESTful Services and APIs.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software.
- Handle high-severity issues efficiently and provide emergency development support to live production environments.
- Create and maintain product documentation.
- Deliver data to CV’s data warehouse.
- Conduct and implement research on new digital techniques and technologies.
Fulfil other duties, as common to all employees and as directed, within parameters outlined in both the mission and vision statements. This includes:
- Being available for personal and spiritual growth opportunities.
- Pro-actively maintaining a positive attitude.
- Adhering to all regulations, CV policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Undertaking professional development as required.
- Adhering to all occupational health and safety requirements of CV.
- Keeping confidential the affairs of CV and its employees.
- Represent CV in a positive manner.
- Staying abreast of the latest methods and technologies.
Skills/ Experience/ Education
- Proficiency in all stages of web development from concept to deployment.
- Proficiency primarily in PHP, against MySQL databases.
- Experience creating and running virtual machines on Google Cloud Platform (Compute Engine API) advantageous.
- Vertex AI knowledge and Firebase knowledge also advantageous.
- Experience building and integrating RESTful Services and APIs.
- Excellent problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills.
- Well versed in Agile product development methodologies.
- Excellent command of the English language both spoken and written.
This role is based in Bellville (Cape Town, South Africa). Interested parties can send their CV and covering letter to the Corporate Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org