CV is looking for a motivated and strategic leader to run its operations in Brazil.
The Country Manager is responsible for applying CV’s strategies into respective countries and languages with support from strategic functions. This position works with a local team, developing creative ways to bring evangelism and discipleship concepts into concrete day-to-day actions for church partners and Christian communities, through CV’s initiatives and projects. The applicant must be proficient in Portuguese and English, both spoken and written.
Our CV Brazil office is located at the heart of the city of São Paulo. The local team is made up of bright, energetic, and enthusiastic individuals who are eager to learn and create new ways to introduce the gospel of Jesus and equip the Church. In a startup-like environment, our work follows a casual and fun atmosphere, while maintaining a strong sense of discipline and responsibility for the work we do.
- Effectively implement CV strategies for evangelism and discipleship, including the setting and accomplishing of relevant goals and targets based on key performance indicators.
- Strategically and operationally lead teams of staff and volunteers in the areas of content creation and moderation, marketing and promotion, online and offline community development, and corporate services.
- Work with global and regional strategic functions to guide best practices of operational implementation for country-based projects.
- Manage operational and capital budgets related to in-country and language franchise operations.
- Report and communicate progress of projects and areas of responsibility.
- Network with churches and ministry leaders and maintain positive relationships at all times.
- Consciously apply best practices in safeguarding through good governance and best practice, including its employees and volunteers, at all times.
- Negotiate contracts for service providers when required.
- Officially represent CV when required.
- Apply all CV policies and procedures related to an in-country operation.
Comply with other duties common to all employees and, according to parameters set forth in the company’s handbook (Statement of Beliefs, values, mission statement, protocols). This includes:
- Have a positive attitude and be proactive.
- Build and maintain a strong working relationship with peers.
- Comply with all corporate rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Be present in all personnel and team meetings.
- Commit to professional development as necessary.
- Comply with all health and safety requirements as set by CV.
- Be a positive representation of CV.
- Be available for personal and spiritual development opportunities.
- Keep confidential the affairs of CV and its employees.
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated leadership and management experience.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities in line with CV’s Leadership Competency Framework, and a demonstrated attitude of willingness to engage in continued personal development within the required competencies. Competencies include: developing and delivering strategies, managing self and others, and multiplying influence, all outworked through CV’s core values.
- Significant experience in the ability to lead, manage and work collaboratively in a team environment, contribute to and encourage a culture of teamwork and service delivery.
- Excellent command of the English language, both spoken and written.
- Experience working with internationally-based organizations is an advantage.
- Follower of Jesus and demonstrates a high level of spiritual maturity.
- Agrees with CV’s mission, vision, and statement of faith.
- Humble, organized, and enthusiastic worker, with a passion to serve with excellence.
- Available for domestic and international travel.
Job Type: Full-Time
Workplace Type: On-site
Salary & Benefits: Discussed at interview. Salary based on candidate’s experience and expertise.
This role is based in São Paulo, Brazil. Interested parties can submit their resume and cover letter via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.