CV Africa & Middle East (Christian Vision, South Africa) is looking for a mid-level Web Developer with a vision to pursue meaningful work at the intersection of tech and ministry.
Working as part of a small cross-functional team, the ideal candidate is a top-notch programmer with a clear desire to aggressively expand their repertoire of skills, while working across a range of web properties and assisting in the development of a product with a global footprint.
CV is a global Christian charity with evangelism at its heart. Founded by Lord Robert Edmiston in 1988, CV upholds a strong desire to serve and equip Christians and the local church, in their evangelistic endeavours. To this end, we work to see impact in three key areas:
- Introducing people to Jesus;
- Mobilising Christians to evangelise; and
- Resourcing the Church with free digital content and knowledge.
The Web Developer is responsible for efficiently writing well designed and testable code while engaging in best software-development practices. Creating websites and user interfaces, the candidate is also responsible for integrating data from various back-end services and databases.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Take responsibility for building, maintaining, expanding, and scaling a number of web properties.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software.
- Handle high-severity issues promptly and efficiently while providing emergency development support in live production environments.
- Create and maintain product documentation.
- Assist in delivering data to CV’s data warehouse.
- Conduct and implement research on new digital techniques and technologies.
Fulfil other duties, as common to all employees and as directed, within parameters outlined in both the mission and vision statements. This includes:
- Being available for personal and spiritual growth opportunities.
- Pro-actively maintaining a positive attitude.
- Adhering to all regulations, CV policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Undertaking professional development as required.
- Adhering to all occupational health and safety requirements of CV.
- Keeping confidential the affairs of CV and its employees.
- Represent CV in a positive manner.
- Staying abreast of the latest methods and technologies.
Skills/ Experience/ Education
- Well versed in Agile product development methodologies and web development (3+ years experience).
- Familiarity with PHP, AJAX, JSON, XML, WordPress and WordPress Plugins.
- Advanced problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills.
- Highly advantageous would be experience working on projects that utilise virtual machines on Google Cloud Platform through products such as Compute Engine API, Vertex AI, and Firebase.
- Ability to learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Excellent command of the English language both spoken and written.
This role is based in Bellville (Cape Town, South Africa). Interested parties can send their CV and covering letter to the Corporate Services Manager at email@example.com