CV Africa & Middle East (Christian Vision, South Africa) is looking for an experienced Product Manager with a vision to pursue meaningful work at the intersection of tech and ministry, and the ability to play a leading role in shaping the future of an impactful product with a global footprint.
With a passion for evangelism and an aptitude for translating technological opportunities into concrete missional outcomes, the ideal candidate will drive innovation and growth through engagement with multiple stakeholders in the context of a multinational organisation.
CV is a global Christian charity with evangelism at its heart. Founded by Lord Robert Edmiston in 1988, CV upholds a strong desire to serve and equip Christians and the local church, in their evangelistic endeavours. To this end, we work to see impact in three key areas:
- Introducing people to Jesus;
- Mobilising Christians to evangelise; and
- Resourcing the Church with free digital content and knowledge.
The Product Manager is responsible for driving the strategic development of CV’s corporate activities (the ‘product’) according to stated KPIs and organisational objectives.
The Product Manager is also responsible for ensuring that product development continually aligns with CV’s vision and mission, and facilitating quality stakeholder engagement by implementing the corporate communication plan.
- Continually convey the vision and goals of the product throughout the organisation.
- Work with product stakeholders to understand cultural nuances of product implementation.
- Represent stakeholders in the decision-making process for product progression.
- Provide clear, accurate, relevant, and consistent communication to all stakeholders.
- Actively incorporate CV values during product decision-making process.
- Represent the business priorities of the product to the development team.
- Ensure development products always align with business strategy.
- Approve features and functionality of product to be released.
- Assist the establishment of partnerships to expand the reach of the product.
- Represent and promote the product to external organisations and key influencers.
- Monitor and track performance and licensing compliance of all language and country franchises.
- Contribute to a team culture of innovation, excellence and constant growth.
- Travel as required, both domestically and internationally.
Fulfil other duties, as common to all employees and as directed, within parameters outlined in both the mission and vision statements. This includes:
- Being available for personal and spiritual growth opportunities.
- Pro-actively maintaining a positive attitude.
- Adhering to all regulations, CV policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Undertaking professional development as required.
- Adhering to all occupational health and safety requirements of CV.
- Keeping confidential the affairs of CV and its employees.
- Representing CV in a positive manner.
- Staying abreast of the latest methods and technologies.
Skills/ Experience/ Education
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and management experience, preferably within the not-for-profit sector.
- Proven leadership capabilities in line with CV’s Leadership Competency Framework, and a demonstrated attitude of willingness to engage in continued personal development within the required competencies (developing and delivering strategies, managing self and others, multiplying influence) all outworked through CV’s core values.
- Significant experience in the ability to lead, manage and work collaboratively in a team environment, and contribute to and encourage a culture of team work and service delivery.
- Excellent command of the English language, both spoken and written.
- Experience working with internationally-based organisations (advantageous).
- Tertiary qualifications (advantageous).
This role is based in Bellville (Cape Town, South Africa). Interested parties can send their CV and covering letter to the Corporate Services Manager at email@example.com