CV is looking for a dynamic full-time On-Air Radio Host for its weekday morning program on CVCLAVOZ. Fluent in both Spanish and English, the successful applicant will plan, produce and host a quality three-hour live show with creative ideas, segments, compelling interviews and production elements. The successful applicant will be skilled in content production, public speaking, voice overs, social media handling and have knowledge of WordPress.
What is CVCLAVOZ?
CVCLAVOZ creates and distributes Christian lifestyle content across Latin America using both audio and visual programming through a multi-platform ecosystem that includes radio, satellite, the internet and social media. We produce innovative and quality content that contributes to building a closer relationship with Jesus and promotes the Bible’s message that is the Word of God. Christian values and principles underpin all our radio programs.
- Plan, produce and host high quality content geared toward a young Latin American audience.
- Create content that incorporates a comprehensive vision of the different aspects of life based on Biblical values and that is primarily directed at an audience not yet committed to God.
- Deliver the show in an easy to understand and attractive tone.
- Coordinate an appropriate mix of music and sound for assigned shows, as specified by the music director and music log.
- Deliver news, information, and promotional content in a timely manner.
- Operate audio board for live and taped programs and edit audio for on-air use.
- Ensure that on-air product adheres to broadcasting standards before it leaves the studio.
- Provides cues and support to collaborators facilitating program continuity.
- Monitor news outlets, internet, and social media for news developments, for responses that keep CVCLAVOZ relevant, accurate and competitive.
- Maintain a database of ‘Best Of’ show clips and generic pre-recorded content for re-broadcasting needs and/or special events.
- Comply with the editorial policies and guidelines of CVCLAVOZ.
- Perform additional duties such as writing articles and creating weekly podcasts.
Comply with other duties common to all employees and in accordance with the parameters set forth in the organization’s handbook – Statement of Beliefs, values, mission statement, protocols.
- Have a positive attitude and be proactive.
- Comply with all corporate rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Attend all personnel and team meetings.
- Commit to professional development as necessary.
- Comply with all health and safety requirements as set by CV.
- Be a positive representation of CV.
- Be available for personal and spiritual development opportunities.
- Keep confidential the affairs of CV and its employees.
- Understand Copyright and Intellectual Property laws.
- Fluency in Spanish and English (written and spoken).
- Journalism experience – five plus years.
- On-air hosting or broadcast reporting experience – three plus years.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Detail oriented with a commitment to fact-check sources and their veracity.
- Impeccable journalistic integrity and editorial judgment.
- Ability to maintain a noticeable social media presence.
- Experience with NexGen and other digital automatization resources.
- Excellent multi-tasking capabilities.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment.
- Ability to stay focused and meet deadlines in a fast-paced newsroom.
- Proficiency in recording and editing audio.
- Apple Mac OS proficient.
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be available to manage content broadcast from our Miami Lakes, FL, studios.
- Must be available for domestic and international travel.
- Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work samples.
- Must submit a minimum of two (2) referee letters, one of which should be from the candidate’s pastor and/or church elder or leader.
Salary & Benefits
Discussed at interview. Salary based on candidate’s experience and expertise.