CV Africa & Middle East (Christian Vision, South Africa) is looking for a full-time coordinator for its Impact-a-Nation (IAN) activities on the African continent.
With a clear passion for evangelism and the ability to navigate multiple cultural contexts, the IAN Coordinator will implement our IAN strategy, which focuses on partnering with local churches and pioneers to impact nations for Christ, and is achieved through indigenous evangelism and discipleship by means of a range of on-the-ground and digital initiatives.
CV is a global Christian charity with evangelism at its heart. Founded by Lord Robert Edmiston in 1988, CV upholds a strong desire to serve and equip Christians and the local church, in their evangelistic endeavours. To this end, we work to see impact in three key areas:
- Introducing people to Jesus;
- Mobilising Christians to evangelise; and
- Resourcing the Church with free digital content and knowledge.
The IAN Coordinator is responsible for strategically outworking CV’s IAN projects in specific countries on the African continent by ensuring that local-missions workers (pioneers) are evangelising people and discipling successors from target nations.
- Manage on-the-ground field work for CV’s IAN projects, including routine travel into the field for audit and follow-up.
- Identify opportunities and implement strategies for evangelism employing both on-the-ground and digital solutions.
- Locate and create resources to train pioneers in areas of evangelism, discipleship, church planting and church growth.
- Manage, assess and report on fieldwork as key part of mission effectiveness.
- Afford budget monitoring support as required by management of projects.
- Ensure CV’s policies and procedures are practised and followed in the field.
- Promote the vision and mission of CV to external ministries, organisations, churches, and community groups, as and when requested.
Fulfil other duties, as common to all employees and as directed, within parameters outlined in both the mission and vision statements. This includes:
- Being available for personal and spiritual growth opportunities.
- Pro-actively maintaining a positive attitude.
- Adhering to all regulations, CV policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Attend all required general staff and team meetings.
- Undertaking professional development as required.
- Adhering to all occupational health and safety requirements of CV.
- Keeping confidential the affairs of CV and its employees, contractors and freelancers.
- Representing CV in a positive manner.
- Staying abreast of the latest methods and technologies.
- Maintaining appropriate licences, as required.
Skills/ Experience/ Education
- Knowledge of and experience with missions-strategies in both online and offline contexts, particularly in the developing world.
- Ability to build, lead and equip online and offline communities.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills.
- Excellent command of the English language, both spoken and written.
- Experience working with internationally based organisations an advantage.
This role is based in Bellville (Cape Town, South Africa). Interested parties can send their CV and covering letter to the Corporate Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org