Content Specialist | Video Director & Editor
Africa & Middle East
Cape Town, South Africa
Christian Vision SA is looking for a full-time Video Director & Editor who is passionate about evangelism, adept at creating compelling video content in support of digital strategies, and skilled in navigating elements of the creative process.
Christian Vision (CV) is a global Christian charity with evangelism at our heart. Founded in 1988 by Lord Robert Edmiston, CV’s powerful desire is to serve and equip Christians, and the local church, in their evangelistic endeavours. To this end, we work to see impact in three key areas:
- Introducing people to Jesus;
- Mobilising Christians to evangelise; and
- Resourcing the Church with free digital content and knowledge.
Video Directors & Editors serve as a creative force behind video creation, delivering engaging short and long-format content. The ideal candidate has strong visual storytelling skills with a highly developed sense of colour, composition, and design.
- Provide art direction, and creative input from pre-to-postproduction.
- To ensure the highest quality whilst effectively multitasking and meeting set deadlines consistently for all deliverables.
- To maintain up-to-date understanding of industry terminology, aesthetics, software applications required for video editing, image manipulation and sound effects/design.
- Willingness to travel to African countries for the purposes of content creation or training.
- Support the Content Manager and Country Manager in creating content for the region in accordance with CV’s key objectives.
Fulfil other duties, as common to all employees and as directed, within parameters outlined in both the mission and vision statements. This includes:
- To be available for personal and spiritual growth opportunities.
- To pro-actively maintain a positive attitude.
- To adhere to all regulations, CV policies, procedures and guidelines.
- To undertake professional development as required.
- To adhere to all occupational health and safety requirements of CV.
- To keep confidential the affairs of CV and its employees.
- To represent CV in a positive manner.
- To keep abreast of the latest methods and technologies.
Skills/ Experience/ Education
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Adobe Creative Cloud applications (Premiere Pro is necessary, After Effects is advantageous).
- Comfortable and confident in sharing and receiving feedback.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Conceptual heavyweight of the team, bringing fresh ideas to the table.
- Proof of creative script writing skills advantageous.
Job Type: Full-Time
Workplace Type: On-site
Salary & Benefits: Discussed at interview and based on candidate’s experience and expertise.
This is a full-time, office-based role working from our Bellville office in Cape Town, South Africa. We do not offer remote working and applicants must be authorised to work in South Africa.
Interested parties can submit their resume, including a showreel and cover letter via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.