Job Title: Communications Specialist
Reporting to: Communications Manager
Location: Solihull, United Kingdom
CV is an international charity based in the United Kingdom. It was founded by Lord Edmiston in 1988 with a vision to engage in global evangelism and Christian ministry around the world, in order to reach one billion people with a clear opportunity for them to choose personal faith in Jesus Christ.
The Communications Specialist is responsible for facilitating the internal and external facing flow of corporate-based communications and implementing the CV corporate communications plan. The ideal candidate will be skilled in creating a range of communication materials, including articles, news releases, social media content, and internal communications.
- Content Creation and Management
- Develop and write high-quality, engaging content, including social media content and internal communication materials, in alignment with our brand and communication strategy.
- Apply a high standard of communication skills in drafting newsletters, articles and news releases based on the organisational style, structure, and guide.
- Strategic Communication Planning
- Contribute to the creation of the annual communications plans and related strategies to outwork the organisation’s objectives.
- Produce communication tools and vehicles that communicate the core messaging of CV.
- Develop and manage corporate marketing and promotional campaigns for CV and its associated projects and platforms.
- Brand and Profile Enhancement
- Work towards enhancing brand recognition and credibility among external and internal stakeholders, raising the profile of CV through written and multimedia documentation and presentations.
- Represent CV at events, as required.
- Contribute to the strategic development of projects and corporate materials to ensure consistent clarity of brand and messaging.
- Media and Public Relations
- Facilitate media inquiries and provide liaison between the organisation and media agencies.
- Respond to and liaise with external media.
- Research and Trends Analysis
- Undertake and interpret research campaigns, including facilitating surveys and focus groups.
- Stay abreast of relevant trends and technologies in communications and marketing.
- Internal Communication and Engagement
- Focus on improving internal understanding of our activities and promote knowledge sharing within the organisation.
- Foster a culture of cooperation, connection, and engagement, ensuring that communication strategies and materials enhance staff involvement and awareness of our goals and activities.
- Travel Requirements
- Be willing to travel as required, both domestically and internationally as may be required.
- Fulfil other duties, as common to all employees and as directed, within parameters outlined in both the mission and vision statements. This includes:
- Leading the team in prayer or devotional times and engaging with other spiritual activities as required.
- To be available for personal and spiritual growth opportunities.
- To proactively maintain a positive attitude.
- To adhere to all regulations, CV policies, procedures and guidelines.
- To attend all required general staff and team meetings.
- To undertake professional development as required.
- To adhere to all occupational health and safety requirements of CV.
- To keep confidential the affairs of CV and its employees.
- To represent CV in a positive manner.
- To maintain appropriate licenses, as required.
- To keep abreast of the latest methods and technologies.
Skills/ Experience/ Education
- Excellent command of the English language both spoken and written.
- Strong writing, editing, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in creating content for a variety of platforms, including social media and web.
- Knowledge of current communication practices and trends.
- Follower of Jesus and demonstrates a high level of spiritual maturity.
- Minimum 3-year university degree.
- Experience working with internationally-based organisations is an advantage.
This role is based in Solihull, United Kingdom. Interested parties can send their CV and cover letter, summarising why they are qualified for the position and want to work in ministry, by pressing the ‘Apply Now’ button below.